Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Happiness

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me
-Philippians 4:13

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It really helps me to just be happy! Yeah, sure, life is hard. It was not made to be easy. However, we can gain joy in the difficult things as we learn to grow and overcome. With Christ we can do all hard things! I know that to be true. 
The past few weeks of missionary life have been hard. I have formulated my own secret plan of success in becoming happy. As I have applied some of these things I have really seen a change!

How to be happy according to me :)
Happy with my Friends :)
- Realize you find it in the little things!
- Think positively about E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.... The people around you and yourself included.
- Take time to do the silly things you love.
- Substitute any negative thoughts with positive ones.
- SMILE
- Do not have unreasonable expectations set on yourself.
- Do not over do it. 
- Read scriptures for at least 5 minutes OR more a day!
- Pray as often as possible.
- Set aside time to think and ponder.
- ACT on spiritual promptings that are felt.

At times we get down, but turn to Christ. He is there to help build us up! As we do so he will give us the success we need! I know this is true. The other day I was just down. I do not know why, but it was just not a good morning. Right before I left the house I decided to just 'get over it' and turn to the Lord. I knew if I just let him lead me I would not only find happiness, but also comfort and peace! I found it :) I felt his love so strongly that day as he helped me get through the day!
Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you succe`ss. -Alma 26:27

No comments:

Post a Comment