Tuesday, January 21, 2014

In A Nut Shell

Wow... I have not blogged in a long time. Sorry :)
These last weeks have been filled with so many miracles. It has been incredible to see how the Lord is truly hastening His work at this moment in time! I know that we can all do our part in helping others come unto Christ each and every day, we each have a role to play!

Here in Mesa there are many amazing things happening. Many times there are miracles each day, we just have to open our eyes to what the Lord has given us. I am grateful for the chance to Open My Eyes. There are people around us each day who want to change, an invitation many times is exactly what is needed to help them do so.

Recently there have been two large life changing events for me out here on the mission. One was a baptism of a young man named Cali and the other was the Gilbert Temple Open house I was blessed with the chance to attend.

This is Cali. He is a 17yr old young man who was really guided by the spirit in finding out truth for himself.
Cali - 18 January 2014
Now let me tell you a little bit about Cali's story. This young man has always had a knowledge of God, he has always felt directed to do good in his life, yet had never found his belonging in Church. A few months ago he began attending a LDS church class that was offered at the local high school (called Seminary). After learning a little there and attending church a few times he felt the need to learn more of the gospel so he met with the missionaries!
When we meet with people we invite them to ask the Lord if things are true, we ask them to find out for themselves what things they need to change in their lives to find happiness. Well that is EXACTLY what Cali did. He asked and found his answer for himself. A 17yr old boy changed his life around and followed the example of Jesus Christ and was baptized.
I wanted to share just a little bit about what he thought. This is from a FB posting he put up a few weeks before his baptism.
For the past few months, I have been doing many things to learn more about that LDS church. I've been asking friends questions, going to seminary, attending church, and even having missionary discussions. Throughout all of this, I have learned so much. Most notably, I've learned that all of this has made me feel a way I have never felt before. Its amazing. Learning, praying, reading, all of this has made me happy beyond belief. I love it so much. I love the beliefs, the morals, the people, all of it. I have even come to find that many of the beliefs and morals that I've had and developed through my life are reinforced in this church. They aren't crazy as many ignorantly believe. They are not to different from other christians as they are themselves also humble christians. I have wanted for a very long time to be baptized into a church, and I have finally found one that I love. As my friends and family, I'm not asking nor do I expect you to agree with my beliefs, but I do wish for you to support me and be happy for my decision as it is making me happy. So if you have any negative comments, please keep them to yourselves. Anyways after many months of hard thought about this, learning, and praying, for the reasons I've mentioned, and many more spiritual feelings I could not describe, I have officially decided to be baptized into The Jesus Christ Church of Latter-Day Saints.  — feeling ecstatic.
No matter who we are, no matter our gender, our age, our background, Jesus Christ wants us to follow him!

Baptism is the first step. Cali, if you read this know you are not done now!!! There is so much more to learn and understand in coming closer to Him.
Now comes the TEMPLE.

I had the chance to go to the Gilbert Temple Open house!The temple is such a beautiful special place. It really is the Lord's house. Inside the temple we are able to learn exactly what our Father in Heaven has in store for us. We are able to grow closer to him and find answers to questions we may be struggling with.

I know that the temple is the Lords home. Here are some pictures of the open house I was able to attend!
The Gilbert Arizona Temple 
On the way!
Going outside the Mesa Mission... we crossed the border! (with permission)
Sister Shana joined us 
Each temple has an inscription: Holiness To The Lord. The House of The Lord 
I love it here
Beautiful windows all over the Temple
The Farley family came too :)
Pure beauty

Baptism.
                             The first step.
                             Temples.
                                                                                   The Lord's House.


With Jesus Christ we can find true happiness in this life. I know this with all my heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment